SOX Manager. Location: Chicago or Florida
As part of Corporate Finance, the Sarbanes-Oxley Program Office team provides oversight and governance of the SOX program across the Bank in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Working and communicating with business line colleagues in various functions, such as Commercial and Consumer Lending, Treasury, Financial Reporting, Information Technology, etc. to gain an understanding of how the functions are carried out and to ensure that financial reporting and disclosure risks are appropriately identified and addressed by adequately designed controls.
- Performing and overseeing effectiveness testing of these controls, assessing potential deficiencies, communicating results, and working with business lines to ensure that deficiencies are timely and thoroughly remediated.
- Assisting management with reporting and other formal presentations that are used in various capacities across the bank.
- Mentoring and supporting entry level staff under the direction of management.
- This position will provide exposure to a wide range of Bank operations, management, and executives, as well as participate in ad-hoc special projects with not only departmental, but Bank-wide impact.
- At least 8 years-experience in external or internal audit, accounting, risk or information technology general controls; preferably with a public company in the banking and financial services industry.
- Knowledge and experience with Sarbanes-Oxley 404/302 highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related degree
- CPA, CIA or MBA highly preferred